Tuesday 26 November 2013

Dress Stress

In the new year I am very lucky to be going on a cruise with my family to celebrate New Year and my dads birthday which is also on New Years Eve. Obviously being new year and going on a cruise a new dress was, you could go as far as saying, compulsory. In other words I really wanted one. Not only do I really love buying dresses but there are very few opportunities I get to buy a more 'dressy' kind of dress.

In fact I don't really own a dress 'dressy' enough for this sort of occasion, so I had been on the hunt online and in stores for the perfect dress. I had no luck at all, I saw nothing. So in my despair my grandparents decided that they would take me shopping and buy me a dress for Christmas, which sounded like a lovely idea. So yesterday my grandma, granddad and I took a trip to Meadowhall, which is one of my favourite places ever, sad I know. Besides it being beautiful at this time of the year with all the Christmas lights and decorations, the shops are all a great size and for me all the shops which I shop in most are all in one place which is ideal.

After shopping for at least 4 hours I'd purchased my New Years eve dress, and two more accidentally slipped into my basket...

The first dress which I bought was a dress from Debenhams, from their Fuse section, which contains a lot of smaller brands all of which sell clothes at very reasonable prices. The dress which I chose was by a brand called 'TENKI' which I personally have never heard of before. The dress itself is a very dark navy with gold embroidery down the centre panel, it is a sleeveless tea style dress which nips in at the waist with small pleats. I personally love it and think its a beautiful dress which I will get a lot of wear out of as it can be dressed down with tights and boots (like I have done below) or worn with heels and jewellery as more of an evening look, and for £32 I think it was a steal.

 
The second dress which I bought was a tartan dress from Primark at £15. There may be a million other people with this dress, but it was too pretty to pass up. I think there is 4 styles of tartan available however the style I wanted in particular is very difficult to find as it has been incredibly popular. The dress has a white collar with a fussy black bow underneath, the tartan I eventually settled on was the red based version with green checks.


Finally I bought my dress which I plan to wear on New Year from River Island at £45. I felt this was a good price for a dress of this quality. It has a detachable necklace which adds a bit of sparkle. This dress is incredibly hard to describe so I'll leave you to take a peek at the picture...


 
I hope you like my choices! I'm very happy with them.
 
Have you bought anything fancy for new year?
 
Laura xo

1 comment:

  1. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Email us:(arabfinancialcorporations@yahoo.com.sg)

    Application Form:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Email us(arabfinancialcorporations@yahoo.com.sg)

    ReplyDelete